**We generally only accept 4-night stays especially during spring, summer, and holidays. However, we welcome shorter requests when the calendar allows, so please feel free to contact us about this. If you are interested in a shorter booking send an inquiry first before using instant book.**
You are renting 2 separate houses on 1 lot
9 bedrooms (4 in front house & 5 in rear house)
5 bathrooms (2 in front house & 3 in rear house)
Both houses have an open floor plan with kitchen, living room and dining room
Both houses have washer/dryer
Welcome to Shift Vacation Rental’s Mississippi District location! We have a stunning urban oasis; a quick walk from the fun and trendy Mississippi District. This area has become one of the hippest places to shop, dine and drink in Portland. The street is lined with chic foodie restaurants, live music venues, and a bevy of bars, boutiques and brewpubs. Colorful buildings line the main thoroughfare of Mississippi, while historic and charming residential neighborhoods surround the area.
When renting this property you get two separate houses. First is our 4-bedroom, 2-bath totally remodeled bungalow set up perfectly for gathering or relaxing. The house has an open floor plan with lots of natural light and great for people-watching along Mississippi District! There are several designer touches, reclaimed wood, and incredible reuse ideas. The kitchen is fully-stocked for cooking, baking, or just keeping it simple with a cup of coffee in the morning.
The main floor has 2 bedrooms, and one full bathroom--one room has a queen bed and the other a double down/twin up bunk.
Walk downstairs and you enter into another entertaining area, with second TV, games, and cozy seating area. A perfect spot to send the kids to play while the adults hang upstairs. Downstairs also has 2 bedrooms each with a queen bed. There is a full bathroom with beautiful tile and a double shower head.
The second house is a 2000/sf newly built modern house at the rear of the lot. The house is vast and open with tons of light. The kitchen is fully-stocked.
The main floor is ADA (those with wheelchairs, walkers, crutches or impaired mobility will be comfortable).
Upstairs is a family room, with cool hanging hammock chairs, second TV, and cozy couch. There are 4 bedrooms upstairs--three with queen beds and one with a double down/twin above bunk bed. There are also two tiled bathrooms; one with a bathtub, the other with a walk-in shower. A balcony finishes the area off, the perfect place to enjoy a beer, sneak away for an intimate conversation, or sit and fill up on the Portland vibe while people watching from the rocking chairs.
Outside, each house has a picnic table. Front Break has a large patio facing Albina Ave. The rear dining area is more private with large table, benches, and plantings. The side yard, has benches creating a lounge zone with outdoor grill and dart board- wonderful for summer evenings.
There is one parking spot on site for each house.
You need more houses to book? Don't worry we have a duplex about 1.5 miles away on Alberta Street. Please get in touch for more information.
- Open kitchen, dining and family room areas- decorated with artistic touches, built using sustainable materials
- 9 bedrooms - 4 bedrooms in the front house, 5 bedrooms in the rear house
- Comfortably sleeps 20 people
- 5 full bathrooms - tiled walk in showers provide tranquility and beauty
- The two houses sit on one lot. You need to go outside to access them.
- 2 Fully furnished kitchens - completely stocked from a dishwasher to coffee grinder to blender
- 2 Laundry rooms
- 2 provided parking spots on site and free street parking
- Wifi and cable television on each level
- Air conditioning and gas heat
- Picnic and bbq area
- Pack 'n play, stroller & high chair in house
- Outdoor play area
The Fine Print
- Sleeps 20 comfortably
- Our typical rental period is 4 night min. We often accept shorter stays, as they work with the calendar please inquire
- Well behaved pet allowed ($175/pet fee), no smoking, no parties. Please see our guidelines
- October-April weekdays: $685/night
- October-April weekends: $740/night
- May-September & holidays: $929/night
- $265/cleaning fee $39/nonrefundable damage fee & 15.5% lodging taxes