**We generally only accept 4-night stays especially during spring, summer, and holidays. However, we welcome shorter requests when the calendar allows, so please feel free to contact us about this. If you are interested in a shorter booking send an inquiry first before using instant book.**
Shift Vacation Rentals~ High Gear Quick Facts:
4 bedrooms - 3 with queen beds 1 double down/twin up bunk bed
2 full bathrooms
Open floor plan with living room, dining room and kitchen
This historic duplex is located in the heart of Portland's most unique neighborhoods. Alberta Arts District, where there is always something unbelievable to look at, like people riding bikes while juggling. Amazing restaurants to eat at, it's home to Portland's culinary creativity. Fun pubs to have a drink, locally brewed beers won't disappoint. And loads of independent stores to purchase gifts adorable dresses and funky jewelry, awaits you. The best part is it's the location you hope to get when book a vacation rental. Walking distance to all on Alberta Street. 15 minutes by car from the airport, 10 minutes by car to downtown Portland. The bus stop is a block away and there is free street parking.
High Gear (the upper level of the duplex) has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. An open living, dining, and kitchen area. The first floor houses 3 of the bedrooms. 2 with queen beds and the third with a bunk bed (double lower and twin above). The first floor also has a full bath with walk in shower. The second floor houses a fourth bedroom, loft area with futon and skylights, and a gorgeous full bathroom.
The kitchen is fully stocked from coffee grinder to microwave oven to blender. You will be able to cook up a feast and eat in comfort at the wood dining table.
One major perk about renting with us at Shift Vacation Rentals is the coupons our lovely neighbors share with our guests. Frock Boutique, Tin Shed, Mimosa Studios, Eco Vibe Apparel, Imelda's Shoes, Crafty Wonderland & more....You get discounts to all these wonderful places! So eat, drink and shop- all a stroll away and all at a discounted price! To see the fabulous array of places surrounding the rental visit: www.block14pdx.com
The side yard boasts the coolest kids hive play structure, picnic table, charcoal BBQ, and yard games. In the nice weather its a perfect spot to enjoy a meal or let the kids run free!
A well behaved pet is allowed. The pet fee is $175.
The house had been newly gutted and remodeled using sustainable and local materials, and has inspiring touches throughout the house. It promises to be one of the best vacation rentals in all of Portland.
For larger groups, this house can be rented along with low gear the 3 bedroom 1.5 bathroom rental located in the lower section of this duplex.
Need more space? Please check out our two other rentals in the chic Mississippi District.
Internet is fast and reliable! The amount of data is 1.2 terabytes. 200MPBS
- Open kitchen, dining and family room area- decorated with artistic touches, built using sustainable materials
- 4 bedrooms - Main floor has 2 rooms with queen beds & 1 with a bunk bed (double down/twin up)- Upstairs has 1 queen bed and futon in loft area
- Comfortably sleeps 9 - futon in upper loft area available for sleeping up to 10 people.
- 2 full bathrooms (one on each floor) - tiled walk in showers provide tranquility and beauty
- Fully furnished kitchen - completely stocked from a dishwasher to coffee grinder to blender
- Laundry room
- Free Street Parking
- Wifi and cable television
- Air conditioning and gas heat
- Picnic and bbq area
- Pack 'n play, stroller & high chair in house
- Outdoor play area
The Fine Print
- Sleeps 9 comfortably to 10 with futon
- Our typical rental period is 4 night min. We often accept shorter stays, as they work with the calendar please inquire
- Well behaved pet allowed ($175/pet fee), no smoking, no parties. Please see our guidelines.
- Pricing is set by a third party and is based on demand. Please put your dates in for exact pricing for your dates.
- $115/cleaning fee $39/nonrefundable damage fee & 15.5% lodging taxes
Alberta Street Reviews
High Gear Alberta – felt right at home
Low Gear Alberta – great family house - Los Angeles
Alberta St Whole House
Location – location – location
Alberta St. – perfect and convenient
Roomy house – great spot